X16 Beta to Full Release, What is the procedure?

ValleyGuy

I've never went from Beta to Full Release before. I'm currently using the Beta version and want to upgrade to the full release version. Do I just load the current X16 from the locker? Are there any unique steps involved to keep or save anything (files, etc...) from Beta?

Thanks,

Shayne

1 minute ago, ValleyGuy said:

I've never went from Beta to Full Release before. I'm currently using the Beta version and want to upgrade to the full release version. Do I just load the current X16 from the locker? Are there any unique steps involved to keep or save anything (files, etc...) from Beta?

Thanks,

Shayne

update from beta doesn't require a migration so you should be able to install and just run the program again

1 minute ago, Renerabbitt said:

update from beta doesn't require a migration so you should be able to install and just run the program again

Thanks Rene, do I need to remove the X16 Beta first, or just instal and it will rewrite?

1 minute ago, ValleyGuy said:

Thanks Rene, do I need to remove the X16 Beta first, or just instal and it will rewrite?

install and it will re-write. this is called an in-place update. your files remain intact

• Upvote 1