Cabinet Crown not extending to partition

westvale

Go to solution Solved by DBCooper,

Hello friends,

Can anyone tell me why the crown on the cabinet extends over the partition on one side but not the other?  I've looked at the settings and I can't find why it's behaving differently on each side.  I did try putting the molding on the partition but it didn't work properly. Its exactly as I want on the right side, but can't replicate it on the left side. 

image.thumb.png.7940e4478d644fbf63a933dd07162d51.png

• Solution

My guess is that the partition does not have the molding set up correctly.  If you post the plan, I bet someone could figure it out pretty quick.

The other thing you can do is select one or more of your cabinets and use the "make cabinet molding polyline" tool to convert the automatic cabinet molding into a custom molding.  Then just edit the shape as needed.  This is similar to how you can fix room molding problems.

oh interesting, I wasn't aware of the "make cabinet molding polyline" tool.  I'll look for that. I've also never posted a plan before, I'll try that next time I need something.  I did have the partition set to have a molding but it wouldn't appear so I made a polyline molding and replaced that whole section of cabinet moldings.  Time consuming. Thanks!