X16 and Spacemouse

misterwiley

In X15 when I opened a DBX my space mouse would usually still work on the plan view behind the dbx which was awesome especially with the TAB input dimension DBX. However, in X16 this does not work for me anymore. Anyone else experience this or know a setting to get it working again?

1 hour ago, misterwiley said:

In X15 when I opened a DBX my space mouse would usually still work on the plan view behind the dbx which was awesome especially with the TAB input dimension DBX. However, in X16 this does not work for me anymore. Anyone else experience this or know a setting to get it working again?

report it as a bug, I will too

From Tech Support.......:(

Taylor B
Thursday, Jun 20, 2024 - 02:45 PM PDT
Hello Kyle,

I spoke with our developers about this, and it seems as though this behavior in X15 was very much unintended and was causing errors in certain situations. Because of this, changes were made to block input from the 3dconnexion devices when dialogs are opened, bringing it in line with standard modeless dialogs. I apologize if it feels we've lost some functionality with this change, but seeing as this behavior was unintentional, this correction was done for the overall stability of the software and is not likely to be reversed.

Taylor B
Chief Architect Technical Support