“See-Through” Cabinet Front on Elevations

CFaasDFCo

So recently I had a client send over some examples of different cabinet layouts they had compiled and one of the details really stuck out to me. The drawings had cabinet elevations, however the drawer fronts and doors were about 70% transparent to where you could make out the cabinet front details but also see details inside of the cabinets like shelves and specialty items. Has anyone done something similar in their designs/have a process they would be willing to share? I have tried with glasshouse mode but it doesn’t look right and when printing the blue seems to smudge out the details.

Thanks in Advance!

Courtney

DFCo

3 hours ago, CFaasDFCo said:

So recently I had a client send over some examples of different cabinet layouts they had compiled and one of the details really stuck out to me. The drawings had cabinet elevations, however the drawer fronts and doors were about 70% transparent to where you could make out the cabinet front details but also see details inside of the cabinets like shelves and specialty items. Has anyone done something similar in their designs/have a process they would be willing to share? I have tried with glasshouse mode but it doesn’t look right and when printing the blue seems to smudge out the details.

Thanks in Advance!

Courtney

DFCo

You could just use glass for the material of the doors and drawers.

1431496425_GlassDoors.thumb.png.b0a8211b1a512dc9444d4e1bf190f279.png

• Like 1