Adjust section views to be perpendicular to odd wall angle

mtldesigns

Go to solution Solved by JiAngelo,

I hope I can explain the predicament.  This project I am adding a new build to tie into two existing builds.  One is a carriage house (aka garage w ADU above) and the other a guest house.  I have the plans for the two builds and to fit the rocky, very sloping land of NC that architect put these builds at a funky degree (Main front wall is Chiefs 148 degree with walls perpendicular to that).  These were drawn on the board BTW.  I cannot get my section views to be perpendicular to the walls and having a heck of a time even putting roof planes on.  Is there somewhere I can adjust what Chief thinks for these degrees.

• Solution

Here is where you can add additional angles.

image.thumb.png.4abbfc14f05149f9e2697e61acbcbcb4.png

Section cameras can't be rotated apparently, but can be drawn to any allowed angle.

Draw a line perpendicular to the wall and find its angle and allow it.  If it is 88 degrees for example you might want to allow a smaller multiple, like 22 or 11 or 5.6

If that doesn't work exactly subtract 180 from the angle (or add) and try that number or fraction there of instead.  Here's an example of 2 parallel lines, one starts left and ends right, the other starts right and ends left - that is why the angles are 180 degrees different from one another.   

image.thumb.png.cf87e6c8c4415f6c4c2690ad60194444.png

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, JiAngelo said:

Here is where you can add additional angles.

That worked great John.  I put in 148 degrees in that box, and the sections come in right at it.. perfect.  thanks!~