Garage Door windows

Cadwork22

Go to solution Solved by JiAngelo,

The easiest way is to place an enlarged corbel (library) then raise it so the top frame is inside the roof and move it so the side frame is inside the wall.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cadwork22 said:

See attached I need a garage door with windows in each of the square windows in the door.  Or...is there a door in the catalog primarily glass?

Screenshot 2024-06-08 131406.png

See if this works for you:

Door.thumb.png.05d034639ea36b8fd739968cd8d93fe5.png

My New Door.calibz

Also, consider checking out my Michael Mailer email subscription service HERE.  I normally don't do this, but just a heads up that next weeks email will include a method for making door like this lickety split (as fast as possible for those of you not living in 1800s U.S. :)

• Solution

There's a box awning in the commercial awnings bonus library that I use alot.  It looks like your roof but only offers 2 supports and the colors match the flat roof.

image.thumb.png.a23b6f52f69bf43e69fa61e882927c95.png

When I played around with the corbels, resizing them, only the timber corbel worked, but it is awfully big and may not give you the look you desire..

image.thumb.png.84cd37b36e222e955653af7baef33707.png

So instead I created a 4"x4"x7' solid, created a side elevation view of the porch and rotated the solid column to 45 degrees.  Angled the ends to plumb/level with the porch roof and wall.  Then slid it into place under the roof, against the wall. - I colored it osb to contrast with the corbel and the roof - and I left the corbel so that you could see the difference.

image.thumb.png.8b05a5876ab5447c36e9495fc616288b.png

image.thumb.png.4dc29c54f1c065637bb68109d084a75d.png

The solid idea actually works best.  I've used the corbels on smaller roofs before and suggested it without thinking it through.  My bad :) 

• Like 1

As drawn, they seem a bit hazardous if someone was walk into one of those brackets, or if someone stood up from a seated position. Can you place them on top of the canopy to keep your walking surface clear?