Ceiling height showing at wrong location in 2D & 3D despite room dialogue & defaults - a little help?

FT2design

Go to solution Solved by Alaskan_Son,

I've never had an issue quite like this before.  I did my concept drawings and everything looked great - an associate was working with the drawings afterward to work out beams etc for engineer to approve (who has since looked at this with me and also cannot figure out what happened).  Next time I opened the drawing, my ceiling dropped in 3D and cross section although both the room dialogue and the defaults remain correct.  You can see in the attached cross section I have highlighted that my ceiling is physically dropped to 84".  My Perspective PRIOR image is what it is supposed to look like.  The Perspective NOW image shows that the ceiling has dropped and covers up the inner soffit of my ceiling design.  This displays consistently throughout the entire foundation level at the 84" height.

I've zipped my drawing file and attached it along with dialog box screen shots if anyone is able to tell what has gone wrong.  This is the foundation level 0 where I am experiencing the issue

I can work around it to communicate my intention on my site drawings, but more importantly I want to know what is wrong so I don't run into it again. Thanks in advance for any investigative assistance!

Floor 0 Defaults.jpg

room specification dialog box.jpg

cross section.jpg

Perspective NOW.jpg

Perspective PRIOR.jpg

Proposed File Zip.zip

• Solution

Default Settings>Floors & Rooms>Floor/Ceiling Platform>Floor Structure

Uncheck "Framing" for your plywood layer.  That setting, coupled with the joist direction lines is causing an extra structural layer to generate and push your ceiling down.

23 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Default Settings>Floors & Rooms>Floor/Ceiling Platform>Floor Structure

Uncheck "Framing" for your plywood layer.  That setting, coupled with the joist direction lines is causing an extra structural layer to generate and push your ceiling down.

Thank you Michael!  I'll fix that right up...

6 minutes ago, FT2design said:

Thank you Michael!  I'll fix that right up...

Amazing - that did the trick - thanks again for your clear direction for where to find that.  

• Like 1