Weird railing problem

rcmcdougle

I have a weird railing problem on a plan brought forward from x14 to x15. The complex deck plan is defined and the heights are good. The client requested that I change the railings to cable rails which worked as expected. We then decided to go with a system that has posts and cables as a kit. I can change all railings to show that difference except the one that is different in that image below. ANY change (including just changing the color) to that railing results in the loss of that lower deck extension, all posts and framing, and the railing goes up to the height of the main deck per the second image.

How can I make the required change? What setting might be creating this issue?

Railing 1.jpg

Railing 1-changed.jpg

I think if you just open the dialog for that railing and click ok that it is disconnecting the railing where the stair is from the corner of the house.  Not really sure why it is doing that though but I am guessing it has to do with the 4-way wall corner.  It's pretty easy to fix by just manually connecting it back up.  You will probably also need to rebuild the deck framing though.

3 hours ago, DBCooper said:

I think if you just open the dialog for that railing and click ok that it is disconnecting the railing where the stair is from the corner of the house.  Not really sure why it is doing that though but I am guessing it has to do with the 4-way wall corner.  It's pretty easy to fix by just manually connecting it back up.  You will probably also need to rebuild the deck framing though.

I tried to reconnect that railing and it does not reconnect. still showing the connection error.

RailFail-1.jpg