Using the "Plot Plan Dimensions" layer

Kanomis

I've been searching and for some reason I can't find that anyone else has asked this question. Probably means that it's obvious and I'm just extra challenged.

Anyway, I want to get dimensions that are just in the plot plan dimension layer. When I'm in the plot plan layer set, I don't want all the house dimensions. But when I add dimensions in that set, I get a dialog box asking if I want to display the plan dimensions. What am I missing? Screenshots below.

Thanks!!

image.thumb.png.857a7f76bb473cb10e3fc5d0069924c6.png

image.thumb.png.d054511746f599ddf95d1ad1b69578c8.png

image.thumb.png.32b333a59a4a9c84068fb0e9f507e4c7.png

Use the right plan view which should have the correct defaults for annotation so you are both drawing ON and DISPLAYING the anno (text, dimensions, notes, arrows, etc.).

The layer set simply reports what layers are on or off and other info like line style, color, text style, etc.

• Like 1

Well, there is something new to me. I didn't know there was such a thing as plan view, assuming the layer sets filled that role. Looking around, I don't see where to select plan views. Would you mind telling me how to switch those?

Thank you!

You are an X15 user, right?  Get some training online at the Chief site, and at YouTube.  You should get proficient with default sets, defaults, and plan views to be really operating X15 to its full capabilities.

Many Xs ago, all we had were layers and layersets.  The first step Chief took was to program for annotation sets which then had the power to "drive" layersets.  That got enhanced with default sets, and then the magic of Saved Plan Views that blasted us into the highly productive con docs production thing we have with Chief X15.

It's like you are driving a 2024 car but with only the basics of starting and operating one from 1973.  Turn the key, start it with a further twist, then use your feet and hands to drive.  There is a lot to learn in this 2024 thing.