Timber frame structure needs walls

binkpear

Go to solution Solved by CharlesVolz,

I initially built this open air timber frame building and now I wanted to represent an option with exterior walls. The version I sent is the 'as built' representation. I now need to enclose the building with walls and represent a couple of siding choices. I had built this using walls as room divider around the perimeter so I could create the deck floor. I have started to convert the room divider into a real wall (the photo shows one wall that I converted) and I am stumped as to how to get a wall above the lower hip roof to enclose the gable and eave sections of the upper steep pitched roof. This is a one storey building as I had built it, perhaps that is why the walls I try to get into the gable only generate into the 'attic' space of the lower hip? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1743403836_Screenshot2024-04-20072144.thumb.png.26aa3ef117fd675d814335846ead856c.png

Brook Timber frame.plan

• Upvote 1

• Solution

Yes, just add a second floor.

Timber frame1259140725_Brook CV1.zip

Sometimes I will add additional floors to control the bottom of the clerestory walls separately from the first floor. So, the clerestory walls will be on the 3rd floor. The 2nd floor would be used for any loft or attic storage above the first floor. Like this:

image.thumb.png.de080c60ee0770d41c31ca8e394ac716.png

• Upvote 1