New tiles materials

AM2184

HI,

I would like to create a new materials with this terrazzo tile pic.  It's  a 90cm X 90 cm tiles.  I added it to my library, but for a 28" length walls, it gave me a tile and a part of tile.  I would love it to give me just one tile ( in width ) for a wall smaller of its size.  Is that possible?

Thank you for your help.

Portobelle_beats _bone90x90nat.png

Sounds like you need to offset the material a bit so you don't get a line in the middle of your tile. To correct this, use the 'Adjust Material Definition' tool (the rainbow tool). In the 'Texture'  tab, use the 'Offset and Angle' section to move the material on the X or Y axis (click on the 'help' button at the bottom for a more detailed explanation of how to do this. You should also take a look at this article:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-01006/customizing-a-library-material.html

Can you or someone else can tell me the difference between the scale in pattern and the scale in texture.  The scale in pattern is the size of the tile right? what's about the scale in texture?

The 'Pattern' tad allows you to select a pattern which is different from the pattern in your material. For example, if your material is a standard grid and you would like it as a herringbone, select that in the 'Pattern' tab and then click' 'Keep Pattern/Texture in Sync'.