Alternate material layers

Leadcarpo

Hello, I am a draftsman for a Remodeling company in KCMO, and I also do our preliminary estimating. In Chief, I have built out an estimating library and thought I was cooking with gas! I put all of those items on a copied version of their original layers, and the material list would read it. I did it like this, because I wanted to be able to turn those items off in our actual floorplans that we present and send to the field. Basically we want to do everything in one plan and not have to go back and delete a bunch of objects. I have also discovered the power of plan views and have a bunch set up for estimating. Something I have had an issue with in regard to the estimating items, is that sometimes the material list won't read them and it is blank, am I missing something? Is there some layer conflict that I am not seeing? I think this will really help me with speed and accuracy with my estimating, so I really want it to work, thanks in advance!

Materials lists can be simple and complicated at the same time! Your issue could be as simple as a layer display issue or it could be something much more complex that would require digging into the actual plan file to trouble shoot. I understand not wanting to post the plan file, however that is asking folks on this forum to guess. This is where having a Chief consultant on stand-by is a valuable resource. A consultant can provide your business with timely, plan specific advice while your company and the information contained in your plan file is protected by your agreement with the consultant.