Floor Truss Calcs Came Back Deeper than Anticipated.

KnotSquare

I have a house nearly complete and a bit of a complex framing system with plenty of custom and individual members. I realize I will have to redraw each floor truss as when I framed it automatically before it did not do as I planned in the design; by a lot. There are interior cantilevers it could not figure out and some curved framing on that interior balcony.

What I cannot find information on is how I can raise up the entire second level without screwing up my custom roof framing. Once I have increased the distance between Level 1 and Level 1 to 18" from 12", I need to work out stairs, etc.

The same will occur from Basement to Level 1, but only an increase of 2 inches, so I will likely lower the Basement slab and then thicken the floor.

Any ideas on how this can be accomplished without an entire rebuild? I could use tips for both levels if anyone has any as I am just going to experiment at this point.

I don't think I can take the entire roof framing system and turn it into a symbol and then unblock it up 6 inches, but that is where I am going to start while I see if anyone has any ideas. It seems Chief is somewhat particular on what can be turned into symbols.

SaveAs,SaveAs, SaveAs.

Thanks ChiefTalk,

Mark

Chief Framing Overview.png