Are material list column totals doable yet?

Michael_Gia

In order to get a total count of drywall, for example, I assign $1.00 to the price column so that I get a "total cost" which in my case is actually the total square footage.

Is this still a necessary work-around or is there a new feature in X15 I'm unaware about?

here's an example..

(I don't really want to get into any complex macro system to achieve this)

image.thumb.png.a08f8cfaf90dd14f286bdbcdd999a7d0.png

Non macro solution for quick totals:

Much like we already do with schedules, you can optionally consolidate items by using only columns that will cause items to group together (like Group Similar Objects does).  In your case for example, you could turn off the size and description columns to get a total count to display instead of individual counts.  There are various ways you can use other columns to help consolidate items this way for quick calcs. 

You could also optionally copy and paste any given selection to excel.

5 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

you could turn off the size and description columns to get a total count to display instead of individual counts

When I turn off size and description columns, I get...

image.thumb.png.4340ed0df468630c12087f267e41ef91.png

I thought I would get a total under the "Count" column.

I guess that's not possible?  Do you all just export to excel?

I'm trying to really simplify and streamline material lists so I can delegate it to someone who isn't really Chief proficient.

Here is the test plan file I was messing with...

Material list test for quantity totals.zip

By the way I called ssa tech support asking about controlling the rebar qty in foundation walls. 

The dude said he had no idea and that I really should just post a question on this forum to find out. 

I found that amusing. 

I know that I can change rebar in the default settings menu under foundation but the component variables produce unpredictable results. The rebar count in the footing makes sense but the rebar quantity in the walls baffle me.