Camera problem with new Acer Nitro 5 with nvidia rtx 4060 and X10

Lish3232

My HP laptop is getting up there in years so I decided to get a new laptop thinking I would eventually pull the trigger and update software. However, I didn't think about backwards compatibility. I can get a plan file to open just fine but when I go try any camera view, I get an error message "A serious error occurred. Do not save the file in it's current state, etc....." 

In short, I'm asking if anyone has run X10 with a newer laptop by adjusting settings to run in an older version of windows or by adjusting the video card settings. 

I'm truly a part-time designer. Maybe 4-5 plans a year, mostly remodels. Thanks in advance for any guidance you may have! 

Edited by Lish3232
Removed one line

8 hours ago, Lish3232 said:

My HP laptop is getting up there in years so I decided to get a new laptop thinking I would eventually pull the trigger and update software. However, I didn't think about backwards compatibility. I can get a plan file to open just fine but when I go try any camera view, I get an error message "A serious error occurred. Do not save the file in it's current state, etc....." 

In short, I'm asking if anyone has run X10 with a newer laptop by adjusting settings to run in an older version of windows or by adjusting the video card settings. 

I'm truly a part-time designer. Maybe 4-5 plans a year, mostly remodels. Thanks in advance for any guidance you may have! 

Version 10 or X10 (Ver.20) .....

And these days there is no Upgrade Path, if you were aware Chief went Subscription only in Jan. 2023 , see below

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/37322-chief-architect-software-licensing-changes-beginning-january-10-2023/

M.