Framing craziness...why?

5Design

Just at a loss here.  I can go through and add each of the headers / beams as I need to, just a pain.  It has something to do with the wall type as when I changed the wall with the 2 car garage to a 6" wall, it doesn't do it.

It's not doing the roof framing right, either.  But that's just a Chief thing (I'm guessing).

And it disappeared the brick on the model for whatever reason.

IDK.

image.thumb.png.6f9e12a52ee66834748eaa65258d4bbd.pngimage.thumb.png.68e500e545809021d2cf01c33a5e6b24.png

Sawmill DR Framing.zip Sawmill DR Framing.zip

17 hours ago, 5Design said:

Just at a loss here.  I can go through and add each of the headers / beams as I need to, just a pain.  It has something to do with the wall type as when I changed the wall with the 2 car garage to a 6" wall, it doesn't do it.

image.thumb.png.6f9e12a52ee66834748eaa65258d4bbd.png

Looks like the brick layer for that wall has been set to be a framing layer. Open up that particular wall for specification and check its wall type. The Brick-4 wall type its using has the brick layer marked to be framing. Unchecking the Framing checkbox for that layer should resolve that issue.

ProblemBrickLayer.thumb.png.587ee9d271b296fe29c3088b48c99210.png

17 hours ago, 5Design said:

It's not doing the roof framing right, either.  But that's just a Chief thing (I'm guessing).

image.thumb.png.68e500e545809021d2cf01c33a5e6b24.png

I'm assuming the issue with the roof framing is that ridge board sticking through the bottom of the roof plane? Seeing as you're using manual roof planes, you could reduce the size of the ridge's depth in the lower roof planes so they'll fit within the roof cavity. It's probably sticking out since this lower roof plane is mostly in the overhang portion, so it's not properly trimming the ridge. It does look like a bug, so I'd report that to our technical support team.

RidgeIssue.thumb.png.66b56381121bdb6dfab9166a509fecaa.png

42 minutes ago, mLongChief said:

Looks like the brick layer for that wall has been set to be a framing layer. Open up that particular wall for specification and check its wall type. The Brick-4 wall type its using has the brick layer marked to be framing. Unchecking the Framing checkbox for that layer should resolve that issue.

ProblemBrickLayer.thumb.png.587ee9d271b296fe29c3088b48c99210.png

I'm assuming the issue with the roof framing is that ridge board sticking through the bottom of the roof plane? Seeing as you're using manual roof planes, you could reduce the size of the ridge's depth in the lower roof planes so they'll fit within the roof cavity. It's probably sticking out since this lower roof plane is mostly in the overhang portion, so it's not properly trimming the ridge. It does look like a bug, so I'd report that to our technical support team.

RidgeIssue.thumb.png.66b56381121bdb6dfab9166a509fecaa.png

Nah,  was talking about adding the sub-fascia in between the rafters for the different pitches, but thanks!