Vaulted ceiling with beams + moldings

HannahMcNee

Does anyone know how to create moldings on beams on a vaulted ceiling? I've tried adding the molding to the room, or creating a cabinet to follow the roofline, or adding moldings to the soffit but nothing has worked. Any input is helpful! 

I've attached two images. One with the vaulted ceiling, and one of the adjacent flat-roofed dining room. I'm trying to achieve a similar look to the dining room. 

Great Rm.png

Dining.png

You will have to use a 3D molding poly line drawn using a back clipped section camera. Of course...depending on what style molding you want to use...such as a crown molding...will not join in the corners properly because of the intersection angle. 

Time consuming...and somewhat difficult task. :wacko:

2 hours ago, HannahMcNee said:

Does anyone know how to create moldings on beams on a vaulted ceiling? I've tried adding the molding to the room, or creating a cabinet to follow the roofline, or adding moldings to the soffit but nothing has worked. Any input is helpful! 

I've attached two images. One with the vaulted ceiling, and one of the adjacent flat-roofed dining room. I'm trying to achieve a similar look to the dining room. 

Great Rm.png

Dining.png

Use soffits for the beams and set as sloped to follow ceilings.

• Upvote 1