Windows focus not changing from Materials window to 3D Camera View

Latham

Hi all,

Using Premier X15 with Windows 11 Pro. When using the Material Painter, Windows focus will no longer change from the Materials window to the 3D Camera view. In other words, I have to close the Materials window to use the Material Painter.  No success doing the following:

- Repair CA install

- Repair Windows install

- Reverting to much older CA plan databases

Apologies if this post is redundant.

Thanks,

Mark

42 minutes ago, Latham said:

Hi all,

Using Premier X15 with Windows 11 Pro. When using the Material Painter, Windows focus will no longer change from the Materials window to the 3D Camera view. In other words, I have to close the Materials window to use the Material Painter.  No success doing the following:

- Repair CA install

- Repair Windows install

- Reverting to much older CA plan databases

Apologies if this post is redundant.

Thanks,

Mark

Hey Mark.

Is your X15 current/ updated?

Is your graphics cards up to date?

Thank you, Adam.  I downloaded a new msi from CA when I repaired the install. I'm using 12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K 3.61 GHz with 32GB DDR4 3200 MHz and an NVIDIA RTX3080 TI.  It really seems like something changed with that feature but could be just me!

29 minutes ago, Latham said:

Thank you, Eric. I did notice that a double-click on a plan material closes the dialog, but that does not work for library materials. Hopefully that is a feature update.

Not understanding what you are referring to. A double click where specifically? You're opening a material from your library ot edit it and then trying to do what? or?

Hi Rabbit Design,

Thanks for asking. I was referring to the Material Painter and using the Select Material dialog. I've figured out that double-clicking on a Library Material name has no effect but double-clicking on that material's image closes the dialog. This thread started because it just seemed liked before I could select a material and paint without closing the dialog.  Anyway, all good.  Thank you.