Issue with download of library objects and catalogs that have the internet symbol

KnotSquare

I created a short video and placed it on YouTube that demonstrates the two issues.

When the library says the object is not available, but can be downloaded, I do so. It then says I already have it. Sure enough, there it is and now there is a duplicate. This has happened previously, but I never found where it landed, so now I likely have more duplicate folders. Is this just a CA glitch, or is it me?

Also, the preview prior to download is 3D and in color. Once downloaded, the preview turns 2D and red, at least in the Filter Results window. Sure, the Preview window is 3D and color, but it was nice to see them in 3D as a group as well.

That video link:

2 hours ago, KnotSquare said:

so now I likely have more duplicate folders. Is this just a CA glitch

There is a known Issue with the Library when updating if the new X15 Library System can't identify the currently loaded Libraries properly, for example you changed the name of the downloaded library, it will still install , but as I found out the new online catalogue doesn't recognize the Library properly later. I had that issue back in May and had to Clean my library out of any Libraries it didn't recognize though I an not sure if this is related but this is the Thread from back in May, read down from the linked post below....

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/39045-x15-catalog-update-error-catalog-could-not-be-found-on-the-server/?do=findComment&comment=295358

What happens if you just do an entire Library Update ? any error messages?

Mick

Mick,

I get an error message related to libraries that are old. I can ignore it because I know it is due to having old library items still in the file that I use. They may get a new name with updates, but if you delete the old catalogues you can lose stuff and sometimes in commercial work I find oddities that are "close enough".

It is strange in this case that I am unable to delete the extra library item or catalog after I have installed the web version.

I do think I know what you are getting at though.

Thanks,

Mark

12 minutes ago, KnotSquare said:

but if you delete the old catalogues you can lose stuff and sometimes in commercial work I find oddities that are "close enough"

Copy the Old Library Items to your User Library , then you will always have them and can delete the old catalogue , you can also "export" the old Catalogue and save it for future use before Deleting the current installation if you don't have it backed up already.

Mick.