Getting Exterior Wall Plate Heights Correct

Ed_Orum

This plan has two different floor elevations, but the top plate elevations should be the same.

One floor is 16" higher than the other.  The ceiling height in this floor is 97-1/8".

The lower floor ceiling height is 113-1/8" (97-1/8"+16").  Everything shows up correctly in

the structure dialog box, but when I do a cross section the floor elevations are correct but the top plate heights are different.

How do I correct this before I put the roof on this building?

Zip file attached.

I am using X15.

Thanks in advance,

Lane

12-10-2023 Revised Floor Plan.zip

You edited your walls.  Change them back to default wall top height.

I'd recommend three risers not two for the climb between floor levels.  An 8" rise might be OK for a remodel stairs up to second if space is tight, but in that open-plan area, I'd want the comfort of a 5-3/8 x 12 3-rise arrangement.  There seems to be plenty of room.

Thanks Gene.
It has to stay at two risers because the existing stairs are two risers.  If I was doing it from scratch, I would make the difference 14" so the risers would be 7" and the treads 11".  
I'll change the walls back to the default top wall height as you suggested.

3 hours ago, Ed_Orum said:
It has to stay at two risers because the existing stairs are two risers.  If I was doing it from scratch, I would make the difference 14" so the risers would be 7" and the treads 11".  
I'll change the walls back to the default top wall height as you suggested.

Demo and rebuild