Default room label

madcowscarnival

Going to be hard to describe...

When specifying my room type, as I select different types (bedroom, bonus, utility, etc.) the dialog box automatically places that type in the "Room Name" box.  If I change the Room Type, it automatically changes the text in the Room Name to the new Type.  I have a file open currently where the "Room Name" box just stays empty unless I manually type in the text.  No automatic "update" of room type in the name box.  I tried going into the Room Label Default and placing the room type macro, but then if I do want to place custom text in the "Room Name" I end up getting double label info.  I'm certain this is a behavior setting that I somehow messed up.  I can open another plan in the same instance of CA which does have the "expected" behavior.

Thank you for any ideas.

7 minutes ago, madcowscarnival said:

I have a file open currently where the "Room Name" box just stays empty unless I manually type in the text.

Did you perhaps delete the name thereby unchecking "Default"? That will produce the condition you described.

If that's the case, just check the Default wrench icon:

1264905217_ScreenShot2023-12-14at11_55_38AM.thumb.png.e5d9dce07b65516e2e235ba51f920e6d.png

1490775206_ScreenShot2023-12-14at11_55_47AM.thumb.png.2d044c1d7dbed317ffbc211426fba5cd.png

• Like 1