Total Sqft And Library Download

misty123

At the moment I currently own Home Designer Pro 2014. I'm wanting to upgrade as some clients are showing interest in 3D rendering. ( Ive downloaded CA Interiors X7)  I have just a couple of quick questions. 1st, how do I set the software up to show total sqft from outside layer? Is it possible to import libraries before I purchase the software? I want to be able to show plans as the one I have attached below. How do I go about setting this up from a 2D plan? Is there some reference materials I can read?

Thanks

post-4665-0-76961800-1424882504_thumb.jpg

Your questions are best answered by a careful study of the Reference Manual, viewing provided training Videos and lots of practice after making a study session. This software runs or not based upon how an end user adjusts and controls settings within the software. It requires a very well made PC or Mac and requires a person to be knowledgeable about his software and hardware. I started with Chief Architect Premier in 1995. by the end of 1996, I got to be pretty good with the software and enjoyed using it. I started teaching and tutoring using it in 1999. Only you will determine how fast you master it by how willing you are to study and practice using it, gaining skill and competence. Just owning the software does very little in itself, you must learn how to make it do what it does.

Chief Architect and Home Designer Software are heavily supported by its makers and its end users, I and several other users have You Tube Channels or websites dedicated to teaching the software. The total number of hours of video offered by Chief Inc and its End users runs into thousands of hours. So if you want to achieve competence, you certainly can, it is up to you. Your main barrier or helper to success is you.

DJP

Hello Misty,

Thank you for the question.  There is a default setting for the automatic living area calculation. You can find this by clicking on "Default Settings">"Plan" and in this dialog box at the bottom you will see "Living Area".  You can select "Surface" to get the inside surface or select "Main Layer" to get a calculation for the outside of framing.

For catalog downloads, there are both free and SSA catalogs.  You can download any catalogs labeled free into the trial version.  Here is a link to the 3D library.  http://3dlibrary.chiefarchitect.com/index.php?r=site/library&reset=true

The image you have as an example is a combination of a raytraced dollhouse view and a photograph of a printed plan.  The raytrace is then superimposed on top of the image of the plan in a photo editing software.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Derek

Chief Architect Software