Having an issue with exterior siding...

RafterTales

I built a simple model just now - a small shed with 4 walls and gable roof. I made a few changes to the roof structure - like removing the fascias and soffit to show the shed in 3D as it will actually look once built. I built roof and wall framing in Chief, deleted the drywall layer in the wall type... and changed the room type to "slab"... and when I did a perspective full overview and viewed , I noticed something weird happening with the exterior siding. 

Using x15 - and the default Residential template. 

Curious where I went wrong. Posting screenshot and zipped plan file. 

2023-11-26_11-13-06.jpg

Shed with siding issue.zip

1 hour ago, solver said:

Thanks for doing everything correct -- signature, image and plan file.

I did not look at the plan, but you have set your siding to be framing in your wall definition.

This video may or may not help.

Thanks Solver - yep, you figured it out... although at first I wasn't quite understanding what you meant and I was sure I hadn't replaced my main layer with siding... so I popped into my Wall definition to take a screenshot for the thread and then I saw what you were talking about. You didn't mean that I had *replaced* my main layer with siding... right there on my siding layer, I had checked the box for "Framing".... so I will uncheck that now.

Posting a screenshot for anyone else who might be struggling with this. 

Which leads me to trying to understand this further. I also had the "Framing" checkbox checked on my main layer for Fir Framing. I am curious why they would allow you to check it on two layers - or why you would want your siding layer to have the option to be framing?

Thanks for figuring it out!!

2023-11-26_12-58-01.jpg