Selecting 3d molding polylines and adjusting them.

bkjernis

Unless you go into a cross section elevation, it can be difficult to select them and adjust their room dimensions. You have to adjust their dimensions in top view. Are there settings that give these square or rectangular paths the dimensions of the paths, where you can adjust or scale the paths in an inch? If my path is too large how do I accurately adjust their size so the base shoe or molding is in the right location, for example for wainscot paneling? Often the front edge ends up being flush with the wainscot paneling face and needs to come out half an inch. How do you do this easily? Can I some how hide the wainscottings top molding so I can more clearly see the shoe base molding in plan view. Is it possible to make the moldings diffferent colors and have a transparent view to make this easier? Thanks

If I go into the 3d molding Polyline Specification in the selected line category I can adjust the length. My problem is now solved. Does the red drag handle indicate the front of the molding towards the inside of the room or the back of the molding on the wainscot panel side?? Thanks

Moldings, 3D Moldings especially, are very often a pain to work with for these very reasons. They show in Plan view as a single line though they're a polyline in elevation. You're not at all alone in the confusion/frustration here.

Seems you've already answered the main issue yourself, but there are a few other questions posed here

13 minutes ago, bkjernis said:

Can I some how hide the wainscottings top molding so I can more clearly see the shoe base molding in plan view. Is it possible to make the moldings diffferent colors and have a transparent view to make this easier?

You'd have to open each molding and on the Layer panel you can set it to a new layer, if you have a specific Wainscot layer you can set them to that layer and toggle them on/off as needed.

Because it's a CAD Object, it's Layer info is on the Line Style panel.

3 minutes ago, bkjernis said:

Does the red drag handle indicate the front of the molding towards the inside of the room or the back of the molding on the wainscot panel side?? Thanks

For 3D Moldings its the back edge. FWIW for 2D Molding polylines it can be changed by the Extrude Inside option, you'll see the molding flip around the Line, but for 3D Moldings that changes how it extrudes based on the plane it was drawn in. So if it's drawn in an elevation view, it'll flip inside/outside of the polyline in that elevation, but you'll see no change in Plan.