Dimensioning problem with legacy plan brought forward to x15

Christina_Girerd

Go to solution Solved by Kbird1,

This is a specific problem in a large plan file of a multi-bldg church site that I just brought forward from 2015 - not even sure what version that was, but probably was whatever the current version was at the time.  My goal was only to explore turning a closet into an ADA/family bathroom, so I just wanted to do a quick prelim plan and was trying to get a dimension when I ran across this problem. 

When focusing in on a bathroom/closet area with an exterior wall, I noticed that if I click on the exterior wall to get a dimension of the bathroom or closet, it may instead give a dimension of 77'+, which is approx the dim between the two exterior walls, ignoring the interior walls even though it drew the dim line to the interior wall.  If I click a little higher or lower, it might give a dimension of 0 or 73'...  If I click on the interior wall, then it sometimes gives the correct dim to the exterior wall.  I tried replacing the exterior wall and removing one interior wall and a few minor tweaks, but still had problems.  It's a complicated 3D church space, so I thought I'd check if anyone has had an issue like this before going further.  I also noticed that if I slightly angled the horizontal dimension either up or down while using the measuring tape tool, it would measure correctly.  It was only when the dim was exactly horizontal that it would mess up or with the wall to wall auto dimension. 

The first image is for context and the max building width shown is the approx 77' that was sometimes showing in the dimension.  The zoomed in images show a red circle where I clicked to get a dimension and what the result was.  FYI random dim checks in other areas of the plan don't seem to have problems.  Another odd thing - if you click on the inside of the exterior wall with the measuring tape tool and start to draw the dimension across the small room, it starts around 66' and gets up to the 73' dim just before you touch the opposing wall, then goes to 0' when you snap on the interior wall. 

I've included the plan which has the problem.  I got rid of other buildings, landscape, etc, to get the file size down while still showing the problem in case anyone wants to try it.  The attached plan has been brought into x15.

2023 10 30 HorizDims wrong 02.JPG

2023 10 30 HorizDims wrong 03.JPG

2023 10 30 HorizDims wrong 04.JPG

2023 10 30 HorizDims wrong 06.JPG

2023 10 30 FellowshipHall Exist01.plan

• Solution

Not sure exactly what the Issue is but I did see exactly what you are but once I reset the Primary Format from 1:1 in the Dimension Defaults it reverted both my Dim and the Auto Dims to normal...

PS setting it back to 1:1 does not make it occur here again so ........

image.thumb.png.1ea5a2a4ffd48f8485edf8387a8c7f65.png   image.thumb.png.0c7c7b0149f3066d1018ee4e0eb449a3.png

2 hours ago, Christina_Girerd said:

That worked!  Strange...  Anyway, thanks so much - easy fix!

Yes quite , I am not sure why it was set to 1 to 1 or why that would cause 3'7" 5/8 to show as 77+' feet though? 

But I believe one of the other things done in X13 and refined in X14 was a rebuilding of the Dimension System in Chief.

M.