Help with Error Message

blueriver

I just went to open my latest saved version of a plan I had worked on and got the following message. 

"Unable to read the file ...name and location... This file does not have a valid header record."  

I saved it as usual last time i opened it and i'm not having issues opening other files...

Does anyone have any tips to help me get this open?  Hoping all my work isn't lost :mellow:

17 minutes ago, blueriver said:

Hoping all my work isn't lost 

Unfortunately if the Header is Corrupt the File usually can't be opened, even by Chief Tech Support.

However Auto Backup should be on in Preferences by default so you should have a backup which was saved to your Chief Data Folder in Documents in a Folder called Archives

C:\Documents\Chief Architect Premier X15 Data\Archives

This should help you find it...........

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00099/accessing-your-archive-files.html'

Mick.

2 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Unfortunately if the Header is Corrupt the File usually can't be opened, even by Chief Tech Support.

However Auto backup should be on in Preferences by default so you should have a backup was saved to your Chief Data Folder in Documents in a Folder called Archives

This should help you find it...........

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00099/accessing-your-archive-files.html'

Mick.

That worked thank you so much!! 

1 minute ago, blueriver said:

That worked thank you so much!! 

Happy to help , you might want to adjust the Preferences for the time for Autosave and Auto Archive Backups , depending on how much work you lost....

image.thumb.png.f3957af7f9946019e2d0cd940e98a009.png