Need to export to cad format

cfichter

Hi folks -

I've spent the past year with Chief Architect Home Designer as the wife and I are planning to build a dream/retirement home next year.

I've leveled up over time and have become somewhat competent (well, past the novice and somewhere in mediocre abilities), I'm up to Home Designer Architect version, although definitely not a professional.

I'm looking to work with some designers to get estimates if they can take my work and advance it to final stages to produce plans, material estimates with builders and engineering. I have a couple of names from the forums here, as well we are talking with local architect/designers.

If I'm reading version feature/capabilities correctly, with Home Designer Architect I'm not able to export into CAD files and I don't feel any need to purchase more as we've reached the limit of our design capability/we feel we have what we want sketched.  I was hoping to be able to do that as a couple of designers we are talking to do not use Chief Architect.  Any suggestions?  Anyone here willing to take my file and convert it to CAD for me? Zipped attached - apologies if I'm oversimplifying the process. I just want to be able to give the designer a base architecture to work from as we've put tons of time into thinking and planning for the home.  Thanks

CFichterDesign.7z

22 minutes ago, cfichter said:

If I'm reading version feature/capabilities correctly, with Home Designer Architect I'm not able to export into CAD files

This forum's for Chief Architect not Home Designer, I don't think many of us are too well versed on the options available in that title, but this article certainly implies that you should be able to Export to a DXF or DWG file:

https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-00111/creating-a-dwg-or-dxf-file.html

Here ya go

A few suggestions:

Turn off all the "fluff" Rocks, cars, furniture, etc anything not needed for a CAD plan.

Change your wall layer to "main layer only"

Turn off the dimensions - whoever's using it will use ACAD dims.

Find out what version of ACAD they are using

Delete your unused layers.

SplitLevel_5br_3ba_5cargar_2884unfinishedfamilytheatreworkshop_3151finishedworkshop_3851finishedfamilytheatre_ShedRoof_LargerDeck.dwg