Is there a way to export a high resolution jpg file of a camera view?

carowe

Go to solution Solved by Chrisb222,

I have a client who would like to get a jpg of a proposed renovation with enough resolution to blow it up to 32" x 24" poster.  I have played with the resolution and nothing changes regarding the file size on the saved jpg.  Is there something I'm missing?

• Solution
27 minutes ago, carowe said:

I have a client who would like to get a jpg of a proposed renovation with enough resolution to blow it up to 32" x 24" poster.  I have played with the resolution and nothing changes regarding the file size on the saved jpg.  Is there something I'm missing?

Set your screen to a shape roughly equal to your target dimensions, go to File > Export > Export Picture, and click "Units", type in the dimension you want, keep "Retain Aspect Ratio" checked, then enter something like 200 DPI. That will produce a pretty high resolution picture, about 3.6 MB.

1843851323_ScreenShot2023-10-18at11_55_14AM.thumb.png.cd71e6f7fec5f2a0094dd2835c2ef960.png

Some clipping may be required to change it to the exact dimensions, unless you can set that ratio up before saving.