Dimensions and Specified heights do not match

rwaldrondesigns

Go to solution Solved by DBCooper,

I'm on a roll today with questions - I've had this problem for a while and have been trying to trick the system with hidden lines to get my elevation dimensions to accurately represent what they are supposed to. I'm attaching two images, one that shows my dimension line from the floor to the bottom of the window, and one where I've opened the window and we can see that I've specified its height at 16". 

I've had this issue with doors and windows primarily, but I'm seeing it across the board. Any tips?

EDIT: I discovered the issue with this window - it was not set to 16" Above finished floor - doors are still the same issue though.

Screenshot 2023-10-12 133014.png

Screenshot 2023-10-12 133036.png

Edited by rwaldrondesigns
Found partial solution

• Solution

EDIT: I discovered the issue with this window - it was not set to 16" Above finished floor - doors are still the same issue though.

I am betting that you are having the same problem with doors.  My guess is that your dimension is going to the top of the door and your door height is set to be from either subfloor or finished floor and your dimension is probably not going to the same place.  Of course it could be other things, but without the plan, or at least some more pictures, I could only make guesses.