Sliver Of Ceiling

Evolution

Go to solution Solved by dshall,

I have a sliver of ceiling that want stay put. It is at the point where I had used an invisible wall to separate the game room sections in order to get the ceiling height the same. That's because the room above has a step down which lowers the ceiling below, and when I tried to use the ceiling height in the game room to set the height all the way through the room the ceiling in the area under the step down, did just that, stepped down. In order to get the ceiling height the same, I added the invisible wall and set the ceiling height in both spaces until they were the same.

Until just now, there was NO ceiling sliver, I am not sure what caused it to show up now. It is definitely there because I can color it withthe paint tool, but I cannot select it to move it into place; or delete it.

I removed the invisible wall, and the ceiling drops down (the distance of the step down above which is natural) in that area.

I tried using a room divider, and the ceiling raises back up but the sliver of ceiling comes back and is still there.

I'm posting the plan along with the screen captures of the issue.

Thanks!

post-1662-0-67676500-1424286560_thumb.png

Current Progress Set 2.18.2015.zip

• Solution

Go to bottom level and delete the invisible wall,  select game room and default CEILING FINISH....  you have now lost the 23" drop ceiling in game room you wanted,  to remedy this put in a CEILING PLANE with no pitch to create the drop ceiling...

IOW,  do not use the CEILING FINISH to plane out the drop in ceiling due to step above,  use the ceiling plane.