Linetype control

deaconjj

This one has driven me nuts since forever, but finally to the point where I expect there should be solution. 

Please see the square footing lines. Is there a way for me to get 4 equal lines, with dashes equally centered, on each side of this square? If not, there should be by now... thanks in advance!

LINETYPE QUESTION TO cHIEFTALK.jpg

I've fought with this before and: No--but kinda.

Line styles, like patterns, are all universal. I think they start their repetition from 0,0 - so all gaps will line up, they're not related to the line.

image.png.2438223f9b99b64436b917510637a7be.png

However if you go to your CAD Preferences, the "Endcap Printed Length" setting allows a certain amount of line to always be present on the ends

(remember it's printed length, so 1/16" is typically fine)

so at LEAST the corners will be filled no matter what.

image.png.5e897f6a5c63c53207ec59a89b33191b.png

but as you can see, the gaps still line up with one another, regardless of the line's position.

• Like 1

On 8/28/2023 at 6:04 PM, TeaTime said:

I've fought with this before and: No--but kinda.

Line styles, like patterns, are all universal. I think they start their repetition from 0,0 - so all gaps will line up, they're not related to the line.

image.png.2438223f9b99b64436b917510637a7be.png

However if you go to your CAD Preferences, the "Endcap Printed Length" setting allows a certain amount of line to always be present on the ends

(remember it's printed length, so 1/16" is typically fine)

so at LEAST the corners will be filled no matter what.

image.png.5e897f6a5c63c53207ec59a89b33191b.png

but as you can see, the gaps still line up with one another, regardless of the line's position.

TeaTime,

thanks for giving a clear visual explanation of how linetypes work. That helps!

John