Foundation for screened porch addition

winterdd

This happened a while back and I cannot remember how I resolved this. It's a simple screened porch addition off the back of a home and the "screened porch" is set to mono slab but the existing home is set to stem wall. As you can see it is clearly there but when I got to level 0 fdn plan nothing is there to dimension. When I build the fdn I check "walls with footings" and not mono because the land slopes back to front. Suggestions?

And yes, slabs layer is turned on.

image.thumb.png.2d1951db8c0b8651fb6ad8ea59e02698.pngimage.thumb.png.9d6f3d17e5b1037b76c357df358ff711.png

If you had auto-build foundations turned on, it should build. Can you rebuild the foundation?

Or, just draw in your foundation walls and then make all the necessary adjustments. Foundation Wall / Slab Footing / Align Footing on Outside / Monolithic Slab chamfer width & height...

The plan file would be helpful to see what has been done and what can be done.

3 hours ago, robdyck said:

If you had auto-build foundations turned on, it should build. Can you rebuild the foundation?

Or, just draw in your foundation walls and then make all the necessary adjustments. Foundation Wall / Slab Footing / Align Footing on Outside / Monolithic Slab chamfer width & height...

The plan file would be helpful to see what has been done and what can be done.

You are correct, I just drew them in manually. I take for granted CA does a lot for ya automatically and when it don't it may be the norm to do it manually. When I rebuild the FDN is still does not come in.

Actually the thought occurred to me. I separated the existing rear porch from the screened porch addition with an invisible wall. I then drew the screened porch with half walls. I checked to see if those were checked to have "footings below wall" in the structure tab and they weren't. Problem solved. Hopes this helps others.