Library Browser X15

3D_Russ

I'm sorry, but I hate the changes that were made to the library browser in X15. The folder system - it's all so difficult for me to navigate and find items. When I want change the material for an object in my plan, I'll do a search like I used to, and will not pull up the material I'm looking for. Like "Color - White". I still have to hunt and scroll down a list of none relevant materials til - "there it is"!! Hide and seek game, you know!!

And in the library folder panel, how in tarnation am I supposed to rearange existing library objects and/or move them to a different folder??? It won't let me drag and drop!

Please tell me there's and easy tip that I'm overlooking and I'll eat my humble pie. Thanks.

1 hour ago, 3D_Russ said:

I'll do a search like I used to, and will not pull up the material I'm looking for. Like "Color - White". I still have to hunt and scroll down a list of none relevant materials til - "there it is"!!

Yeah it feels like there's some adjusting they still need to do - though in this example, if you search color - white, it will find things that have the word color and the word white. pretty sure hyphens and such are just ignored. However if you search "color - white" it will find only items with that exact wording. You should have exactly one hit. However "color white" will find 0, because with the quotes it's looking for an exact match, hyphen and all.

1 hour ago, 3D_Russ said:

And in the library folder panel, how in tarnation am I supposed to rearange existing library objects and/or move them to a different folder??? It won't let me drag and drop!

This one I'm not sure of--unless you're talking about anything outside of the User Catalog, in which case you just can't. But you never have been able to so I'm not entirely sure the complaint there. The Folders panel hasn't really changed that much as far as I can tell, right-click an item in Core, Bonus or Manuf, Copy to User Catalog. Once there, do whatever you want with it. Edit, rename, move to new folders, etc.

Thank you for the search tip. And otherwise I'm talking about the User Catalog - I didn't make that clear. I used to be able to drag and drop and rearrange items in the User Catalog. Now I can't do a thing with it.