Multiple users in office and servers?

AvoyeDesign

I'm looking to expand my team and am exploring the IT side of it. I want to have all projects stored in a central place, either my workstation or a server, but I'm of the impression that chief doesn't like to have files on a central server. I'm wondering how some of you deal with this issue? I'm not even sure if I'm asking the right questions as this is something I haven't ever really paid much attention to.

On 8/9/2023 at 12:30 PM, AvoyeDesign said:

I'm looking to expand my team and am exploring the IT side of it. I want to have all projects stored in a central place, either my workstation or a server, but I'm of the impression that chief doesn't like to have files on a central server. I'm wondering how some of you deal with this issue? I'm not even sure if I'm asking the right questions as this is something I haven't ever really paid much attention to.

Just requires a method. This is an old video, my method has changed a bit but basically he structure of it:

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2023 at 5:09 PM, Renerabbitt said:

Just requires a method. This is an old video, my method has changed a bit but basically he structure of it:

Thanks for sharing this. I was thinking something along the same lines. I would probably write a python script that handles a lot of this. I already use a script to copy my template project folder. Here's a quick video: