Linear Repeating Molding OffScale

kwhitt

I am attempting to create a piece of dentil molding.  I've model the simple shape at the correct scale (even the dialog window confirms the size is correct).  When I go to use the dentil, it comes in WAY oversized as show in the image below.  The poly molding line is 24" square and I am only able to show one LARGE repeat of the molding.  Admittedly, I can adjust the size in the molding dialog box and change the repeat; however, I am unable to change the depth to 1/4" which is the appropriate depth.  I have attached the CALIBZ file too.  Is this another glitch since the update?  If not, what am I doing wrong?  Thanks, Kevin

BIGG ASS DENTIL.jpg

dentil.calibz

2 hours ago, solver said:

X15 seems to work if the molding is drawn in plan, but not elevation.

I tried X12 drawing in elevation and imported into X15 and it works.

Seems like a bug.

Thanks Eric.  I'll give it a try.  I would never have thought that would affect it.

2 hours ago, solver said:

X15 seems to work if the molding is drawn in plan, but not elevation.

I tried X12 drawing in elevation and imported into X15 and it works.

Seems like a bug.

I tried creating it in plan view (btw - it was drawn in another program before and imported) and it still doesn't work.  It becomes oversized.  I tried stacking it with other molding profiles and the shape becomes skewed no matter what I enter for width, length, repeat.  It did come in oversized the first time and I had to adjust it down.  Definitely something off here.  I will report this too.

17 minutes ago, kwhitt said:

I tried creating it in plan view (btw - it was drawn in another program before and imported) and it still doesn't work.  It becomes oversized.  I tried stacking it with other molding profiles and the shape becomes skewed no matter what I enter for width, length, repeat.  It did come in oversized the first time and I had to adjust it down.  Definitely something off here.  I will report this too.

Eric - is it even possible to go back to the last version of X15?  A download somewhere?

2 hours ago, kwhitt said:

is it even possible to go back to the last version of X15?  A download somewhere?

Sure, all you need is the .msi file. Do you know 

what release number you want? I have the fallowing

numbers in stock:

BTW, The files are like 300MB so getting it to you

could be an issue. 

1 hour ago, Rich_Winsor said:

Sure, all you need is the .msi file. Do you know 

what release number you want? I have the fallowing

numbers in stock:

BTW, The files are like 300MB so getting it to you

could be an issue. 

Thanks Rich.  I just PM'ed you with an upload link.  Kevin