Default Settings

winterdd

Hey guys, there are times after I have designed a home I have went back into the defaults and changed the colors/materials  (fascia, moldings, wall material etc) and the model updates accordingly. Then there are times like today the roof material and colors won't update and I find myself manually painting the trim just to keep moving forward. It's not a big deal or time consumer on small homes but this is over 4000 SF. Obviously I am doing something wrong. I will say the whole complex roof was built plane by plane and not auto-built so maybe that it was it it? Just want to be prepared for the next time.

If you have manual roof planes, and you change the roof plane defaults, they probably won't change.  You would either need to rebuild the roof or edit all of the roof planes.  BTW, there is a tool for editing all the roof planes which can be handy in cases like this.

36 minutes ago, DBCooper said:

If you have manual roof planes, and you change the roof plane defaults, they probably won't change.  You would either need to rebuild the roof or edit all of the roof planes.  BTW, there is a tool for editing all the roof planes which can be handy in cases like this.

Edit all roof planes?

39 minutes ago, DBCooper said:

Worked great!