Macros and Material Lists

Renerabbitt

See attached. There is a macro that is looking at reported values from cabinets and generating a price for that cabinet. Works great...but when put into a material list, generates an error in the totals. Any approach I might be missing for this? I imagine it is because the macro is object based and the material list, now live, is getting error from that. I have to click on each cabinet and click open within the list for the list to populate pricing
image.thumb.png.39e8e63d0ebada6a9a2081d8b2dd6afc.png

• 4 months later...
5 hours ago, IvanCyr said:

Hi Rene,

Curious if you have found any further solutions??  I am investigating the possibility reading price data from a cloud source exterior to Chief?

I look forward to your reply.  Cheers,

This was a confirmed bug report. Stems from any cabinet that has a molding, which I can workaround.

regarding your question, I don’t believe chief can pull data from a website. So you would need something like a scraper or zapier to pull your cloud data into a spreadsheet so it could be read. All theoretically possible 

Thanks Renee,

I do a fair bit of work with Zapier...it works well.  I've moved lots from there to Hubspot + Trello with Soundboard now...smoother workflow with less edits with updates.

What in Chief might "ping" Zapier to get it to action??  Have you worked through that yet? Thx.

18 hours ago, IvanCyr said:

Thanks Renee,

I do a fair bit of work with Zapier...it works well.  I've moved lots from there to Hubspot + Trello with Soundboard now...smoother workflow with less edits with updates.

What in Chief might "ping" Zapier to get it to action??  Have you worked through that yet? Thx.

Nothing in Chief..., I was just saying that you need some method of consistently updating a file that is local and on your machine , such as an excel sheet, for chief to work with that excel sheet. Chief won't be able to pull data from a cloud source...not in any way that I know of