Monolithic Foundations and Storm Cellar Basements

amddrafting

See Photo For reference.

Does anyone have a video on how to build a basement like this using a monolithic foundation scenario?  I've tried everything to get this to work right and I just can't seem to ever get the floors to work correctly.   I love the way monolithic slabs look in cross section view (chamfers, wall extensions, etc) and I'd love to use the auto features as much as possible.  This is one scenario I can never make work, so I have to default to drawing my own foundations every time.

Our foundation slabs are poured over top of the basement so I'm able to use the "Floor below room" setting on the first floor.  Then in the basement I set the floor height from the bottom of the slab and then use the ceiling finish tab to build my ceiling structure under the slab.  This always works for me to display basements like this and make the first floor work.  However, I'm limited in using many auto features and have to do a lot of editing on cross sections.  Just trying to see if there is a way that I'm not aware of to make this work.

image.thumb.png.682cc15f9dcdf40fe86d9b3cdfbe9cdb.png

Here is a section of what I build in CA   With this scenario I use furred frame walls on the interior of the concrete.  They obviously build to the slab above but they are supposed to support the floor joists above so I need that ceiling to build over top of the walls.  Again, I usually just fix it with CAD but would like to know if this is a scenario that can be done with CA auto features.

image.thumb.png.8bbd6538359447a58a1b71663bd2027d.png

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

auto build and auto detail..I think this is close? Is that what you are looking for?
image.thumb.png.6b6d5fd10733e6ea9db7737ae59113dd.png

Hi Rene,  suppose the wall at left aide of pit sits on pit floor (as shown),  BUT.....  suppose  the wall on right side of pit sits at on main slab?

Can you do this auto?

• Upvote 1