Plan comparison

BruceKC

As a former Autocad Architecture user, we were accustomed to a feature where we could compare two plans side by side and it would highlight the differences.  We typically will design a plan for a builder with one type of elevation, and a second plan (almost identical) with a second type of elevation.  Of course we finish the first plan in it's entirety before moving on to finish the second one.  In almost all cases the plans themselves are nearly identical (exceptions: roof design, windows and doors on front of house, front porch layout/footprint).  We would like both plans to have the exact same notes and dimensioning (except where they differ of course), but that is proving difficult.  Is there a feature for Chief that would point out the differences?  I don't see one, but we're still somewhat new to this.

Off the top of my head...this may be worth investigating although I haven't tried.

You may be able to use a Referenced plan - have a look at The Reference Display in help, including the XOR option

Although this will allow you to place the referenced plan offset from your main plan, it won't automatically show you the difference between the 2 plans.

With a bit of playing around with layer sets, etc, you can probably display the differences between the 2 plans while one of them is referenced in the same location as the main plan.

This could work for both plan and 3D views.

• Upvote 1