Exporting Tool Configuation

DougDM

I run Chief on three computers (one at a time), I find myself adding tools I use all the time and remove the ones I never or seldom use. Make changes to program defaults (not plan specific).  Is there a way to sink the three computers so each has the same tool bars and Program defaults etc., for instance, Preferences.  Currently I keep a list of changes I make and update those changes when switching from computer to computer. I'm aware of all the exporting item, Default Sets, layer sets, etc.,etc.. 

Thanks much for any suggestions.

Doug

3 hours ago, DougDM said:

I run Chief on three computers (one at a time), I find myself adding tools I use all the time and remove the ones I never or seldom use. Make changes to program defaults (not plan specific).  Is there a way to sink the three computers so each has the same tool bars and Program defaults etc., for instance, Preferences.  Currently I keep a list of changes I make and update those changes when switching from computer to computer. I'm aware of all the exporting item, Default Sets, layer sets, etc.,etc.. 

Thanks much for any suggestions.

Doug

Folder and file paths are found in the Preferences menu:

152481579_ScreenShot2023-04-01at10_27_13AM.thumb.png.ecf970bdda50cc10b92c9c4c1ef444fe.png

On the computer with the custom toolbars and preferences you want copied, find and copy those folders to the other computers.

You might want to keep the original folders in case something goes south, but this works for me.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Chrisb222 said:

Folder and file paths are found in the Preferences menu:

152481579_ScreenShot2023-04-01at10_27_13AM.thumb.png.ecf970bdda50cc10b92c9c4c1ef444fe.png

On the computer with the custom toolbars and preferences you want copied, find and copy those folders to the other computers.

You might want to keep the original folders in case something goes south, but this works for me.

Yup, that'll work. Oh yeah, always keep a copy of the originals.