Plans automatically opening to 0,0,0

LyndonBrett

Hi I have a problem since upgrading to X14 where when I open an old plan from a previous version it automatically sends the data to origin. 

We also use Chief for block and site location plans and rely upon importing topographical data which is Geo referenced. This used to automatically line up as long as we did not click send to origin when importing. It now does not and trying to line up the data manually defeats the object of using accurate site survey data.  

Does anyone know how to stop the programme automatically sending plans to the 0,0,0, origin setting? 

Thank you in advance. 

Antony 

If you are trying to import cad and the program is automatically moving it to the origin, then you can just turn this off.  See picture below.

If you are opening up an old plan and the program is automatically moving it, then the only thing I can think of is that it is so far from the origin that the program has decided it is foobar and is trying to fix it for you. It shouldn't really do this kind of thing without asking you first though.  You might want to post a plan or report this to tech support.

move to origin.png

Hi thank you for your reply. 

It is the second issue I believe as importing OS or topo data is fine as long as 'the move drawing to origin' button is unchecked. The issue is opening old saved plans to edit or add on. I will try contacting technical support.