construction notes provided in CAD blocks

rnmbj1906

Those are cad blocked so they can be stored in the library. Explode the block to edit.  One handy thing before you explode is to have ALDO open and set to NOT  Show All Layers so you can be sure all applicable layers are turned on when the cad block is selected before exploding.

I am so sorry for being difficult.  I am not understanding the instructions.  How do you explode the block?  By placing into the layout?  When I place it into layout and shrink to size because it just goes in gigantic, I cannot edit anything. It is an image at that point.  I don't think I am doing it correctly. I open on the side dialogue box, and it will show library and a small preview at the bottom.  I grab that preview with my cursor and left click and hold and drag onto my layout page.

Normally you would bring a cad detail into plan view or a cad detail window so the scale can be controlled better.  If you notice when you select it, it will be one big box and you will see a tool like this 1516536706_ExplodeCadBlocktool.JPG.efd00621e8e37a33aa3c91309e4b991e.JPG on the active tool bar which allows you access to all the components.  Not sure if it applies to chief details or not but be aware that a cad block can also have embedded cad blocks.

Okay so I still cannot edit any text.  I read a few other posts/comments on the topic.  I understand how to explode from the edit menu.  Once I do this I still cannot touch the text.  I then select all and go back to the edit tool to see if I can explode again and no such item exists.  I simply cannot edit the text.