Having trouble reading layout and plan files after being opened on another computer

gene1472

I have 3 different stations with 2 going at the same time.  I do the design, and my draftsman does the work.  If I create the plan or layout, he has no problem opening, working and saving.  However, once he opens the file and works on it, I can not longer access it.  I can see it in the folder, but I get message in the picture that I have attached.  I am running 2 licenses of X12 on an IMAC (mine) and a Mac mini (draftsman), all of my files are on my iCloud.  I have not ever encountered before as I personally go between my MacBook and IMAC if I am at the office or remote.  I am at a loss here I would greatly appreciate it if anyone has encountered this problem before and know how to remedy it.  Thank you in advance.

Gene

Screen Shot 2023-02-16 at 1.10.31 PM.png

Just an empty plan file should be about 2-3 MB for the template information alone.   Something seems to happen if the file is uploaded while it is still open and less data is contained in the file so check the file size..    I would think a nearly complete plan would have some size like maybe 15 - 40 MB.  Possibly the upload to the cloud account is having the same issues.

I would agree on file size.  what is crazy is from my computer the file size is zero bytes and when I view that same file from his computer I can see that it is 5.6 meg.  It also show zero bytes from on my MacBook.  I just don't know if its a cloud issue, computer issue or Chief issue on his license (him changing some default)

Screen Shot 2023-02-16 at 1.36.58 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-02-16 at 1.39.21 PM.png

13 minutes ago, gene1472 said:

They both have "disable file locking" selected

Maybe try loading the files onto a USB stick just to see if that works and possibly someone who has experienced that exact situation might chime in.

1 minute ago, gene1472 said:

Ok, got it to work.  I had rebooted my machine, but we needed to reboot his machine.

Thank you Chopsaw for your efforts. :)

Wow.  I can't see that as the actual solution but it may have had an indirect benefit.