How to change Architectural Block defaults

LCDesign

How do I change my architectural block defaults so that the "display bounding box" is off as my default?  I currently go into each architectural block and turn off the "display bounding box" for each block I create.  I've looked through Chief Help and can't find this answer.  Premier X14.

42C0304D-57DC-4DF7-98F0-0FC1E801FBB3.jpeg

Sorry, but I don't believe that there are any defaults that will control that setting.  A couple tips though:

• In my experience, the Display Bounding Box setting is only checked by default if the objects in the Block are different object types.  If objects are all the same object type, then the setting is left unchecked.  This doesn't necessarily solve your problem, it's just something to know.
  • The bounding box is controlled by the Architectural Block layer's line style.  Changing that line stye to the invisible line style will essentially just make it disappear.

If your goal then is to always have no bounding box lines without having to open up any dialogs, you can either make sure to only block items of the same type, or change the line style for the Architectural Blocks layer.  The latter option does however mean that you couldn't check Display Sub-Object using Block Layer.

• Upvote 1