Walk Through Again

Dennis_Gavin

I have been working on walkthroughs recently on an exterior project basically using an arc as the path.  I just downloaded and installed the xvid codec and

have a problem on the first walkthrough I have done using it.  See attached..  Main preview pane is screwed up.  THe other panes look fine.  It plays fine in

Windows media player but this is what I get in movie maker.  Others I have done in movie maker are all fine.  Could it be the codec?  IF so why only in movie

maker and not media player as they are both Microsoft?  The only other difference is that I converted the arc to a spline and made some adjustments.

I will have to play with some settings to see what is causing this.  THe whole movie has that skewed look. 

post-132-0-90343800-1423081580_thumb.jpg

Used anyvideoconverter and it solved the problem.

Next item:  Doing a walk though and because I need to make a room for the flared stairs to generate I get a drop off of light and a big bump on entering the "room" for the stairs.  Another bump on leaving the room and then normal light again.  Kind of ruins the whole effect.  I remember from last year I also had a problem when I went from a house to the deck.  The camera dropped radically on the transition.  I guess it has something to do with interior versus exterior and the terrain.  IT recovers but is a pain!!

ANy suggestions?  CA?

Here is the plan.  I tried putting a doorway in the wall at the bottom of the steps but that did not help. Of course I can do a walkthrough/flyby and avoid the steps but I am interested in seeing if there is a solution to this problem.  I dod a quick test going from the LR area onto the deck and that went fine although last year I had a problem doing that on another project.  The camera just dropped and then recovered. 

Mathes.zip

Here is the plan.  I tried putting a doorway in the wall at the bottom of the steps but that did not help. Of course I can do a walkthrough/flyby and avoid the steps but I am interested in seeing if there is a solution to this problem.  I dod a quick test going from the LR area onto the deck and that went fine although last year I had a problem doing that on another project.  The camera just dropped and then recovered. 

Dennis,  I opened the file and it's full of .jpg & .png images.  I didn't see a plan file.

Greg,

I made a new opening with std stairs with and without the pad and had no problems.  It seems the walls used to create

the flared stairs is the problem.  I don't know why your path with the walls is no problem.  interesting.  Also, there is only 1" difference from my pad to yours.

I have been playing with different settings for feet per second etc. and also adjusting things in movie maker.  Often I have to open and save with any video converter when using the xvid codec as I get skewed images.

Greg - I just did a quick straight path in your plan and I still get the jump up at what I think is the wall.

How did you not get that??  Do you think the difference has to do with the MAC version?

I didn't know you had walls on the stairs.  To Flare the stairs, add a landing at the bottom.  Make sure it's at the same height as the bottom of the stairs and it should connect.  Right click the stairs and select "Flare/Curve Stairs"  this will give you edit handles to flare.  No walls needed if you have that bottom landing.  Change the material for the landing to concrete.