Changing Cabinet Style By Setting New Default

prorefinish

Hi there! I'm trying to quickly change the cabinet styles in a kitchen plan (Interior X6) by selecting a cabinet with the new style and setting it as default but it doesn't change the existing cabinets like in the video below.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Joe

The Door and Drawer styles for the individual cabinets need to be set at "Use Default" for that to work.

Which means that if you had to use a special doorstyle for anything- like framed lower drawers when top row is a slab- you have to change each individually.

Also it will not affect the type of overlay- IOW you can't get it to go from frameless to framed or to inset.

Just discovered something by accident related to this.

I have several drawer bases that had a separate drawer specified from the library for the lower drawers-default drawer is set to slab.

If I drag a drawer symbol from the library onto one of these cabinets in 3d view-all (and only) the drawers that were specified as a different style than the default changed, the top row stayed as the default drawer.

Very handy.I have no idea if this is new.

Finding it was accidental- had to switch a plan from inset to full overlay and found a problem the drawer symbol I was using. Discovered this "feature" when trying to figure that out.

Also noticed something I never did before- I can group select wall cabinets only, or base cabients only- however if I click the full height cabinet and group select it picks all the cabinets not just the talls.