Wall Layer Intersection Problems

jbur91

Go to solution Solved by jbur91,

I've been having some trouble on this specific plan with the wall layer intersection between brick and stucco on this one corner. I have attached a PDF of the corner that is not intersecting correctly, as well as an additional PDF of a different corner on the same floor of the same plan that does intersect correctly.

As far as I can tell, the settings for the walls and roofs in question are exactly the same. The problem arises when the roof edge highlighted with a red line butts up against that stucco wall. When the roof is not touching the wall, I'm able to use the "edit wall layer intersections" tool to correct the corner. However, as soon as I move that roof plane to attach to that wall, it reverts to the same incomplete corner you see in the picture.

Any suggestions as to where to look for a solution would be much appreciated.

wall layer intersection broken.jpg

wall layer intersection correct.jpg

9 minutes ago, jbur91 said:

The problem arises when the roof edge highlighted with a red line butts up against that stucco wall. When the roof is not touching the wall, I'm able to use the "edit wall layer intersections" tool to correct the corner. However, as soon as I move that roof plane to attach to that wall, it reverts to the same incomplete corner you see in the picture.

The problem is the incomplete intersection of the 2-story brick wall on the left with the stucco wall on the right. The gap you see on the corner is the issue; not the wall itself.

• Solution

No worries, figured it out myself!

I changed the wall type from stucco to brick, edited the wall layer intersections so they matched up, and then I turned it back from brick into stucco again, and it came out right ¯\_(ツ)_/¯