Reverting Default Settings in Chief

aurorainteriors

Go to solution Solved by Kbird1,

I have a chief file I received from an architectural drafter and he has customized all of his own layer sets which does not work well for how I do my interior design sets. I've been trying to figure out how to get the settings to go back to default settings and clear out his custom settings but so far have had no success. 

Any suggestions?

My main hang-up is my elevations- his settings turn off all finish details and cabinets and pull in different dimension defaults and I just want to use the standard kitchen and bath defaults for my elevations.

Thanks,

Krissy

• Solution
5 minutes ago, aurorainteriors said:

I tried that and it still is not replacing the layer sets he created or overwriting them.

I typically do this for the horrible plans that come from Canvas I am given..........

Open one of your Preferred Plans ( your Template if you have one ) and Export everything available to a Known Backup folder for reuse...

eg : C:\Documents\Chief Architect Premier X14 Data\Backups

also save a copy for your Preferred Plan into this same folder , so you can import Saved Plan Views (SPVs) and Defaults ( not Default Sets) too from it.

Export :

• Default Sets  ( Annotation Sets in old-speak)
  • Layersets
  • Wall Definitions  ( may not be needed )
  • Note Types

On Import in to the Provided Plan make sure to Overwrite/Replace etc in each case....

Then Import the SVPs from the Preferred Plan, followed by the Defaults

Mick.

21 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

I typically do this for the horrible plans that come from Canvas I am given..........

Open one of your Preferred Plans ( your Template if you have one ) and Export everything available to a Known Backup folder for reuse...

eg : C:\Documents\Chief Architect Premier X14 Data\Backups

also save a copy for your Preferred Plan into this same folder , so you can import Saved Plan Views (SPVs) and Defaults ( not Default Sets) too from it.

Export :

• Default Sets  ( Annotation Sets in old-speak)
  • Layersets
  • Wall Definitions  ( may not be needed )
  • Note Types

On Import in to the Provided Plan make sure to Overwrite/Replace etc in each case....

Then Import the SVPs from the Preferred Plan, followed by the Defaults

Mick.

This did the trick! Thank you!