Gable wall not building correctly.

brianhf

I have a brick wall, and it has a gable wall above it that is siding.  Full roof return. The gable siding wall is not building the correct thickness (seems to be using the brick wall thickness from below), and the frieze board in the gable not building correctly.  I expect this issue is in my wall structure settings, but I can't figure it out.    Screenshot.  I would attach my plan file, but the system says it's too large. Thanks, Brian.  X14

gable problem.JPG

Hi,

The lower Roof plane is not touching the Wall hence no frieze and the gap , uncheck "no special snapping in the Roof Plane's DBX and drag it back to the Gable wall. You also need to turn on the Frieze for the Full Roof Return ON too....

image.thumb.png.17fd83704ae0a44049555d7044bf4912.pngimage.thumb.png.f72d0a79dd0cedfb10fcf86f0449cddd.png image.thumb.png.9bfcfa03ae32eba9e2772683ffd23c75.png image.thumb.png.f3eb99b8ca9cf14d9a4a141657c9bea5.png

Kbird1,

Thanks for your reply.  That fixed the gap and the missing frieze, as well as the brick frieze below the return.  What do you suggest for the brick frieze that is present but not correct in the upper siding gable?  Also, odd gap on the top side of the full return (won't really show in 3d views anyway)  I can remove the frieze from the roof plane, but it removes it from the lower brick gable where it does belong.  Should I just draw a frieze manually using polyline solid?

Thank you so much!!

gable problem 2.JPG

My guess is you have "played with that gable wall in 3D/elevation and on the structure Tab the default wall top and bottom are not enabled? OR that the wall needs "pulling" over to the Left , so it looks like this.....

image.thumb.png.6695854a46879a8bd57ea16e298cc744.png image.thumb.png.d7fc00449afcc8e9a8bee20bfe83281b.png

Auto Roof Returns can't be edited but the Auto Roof Return can be turned off and done manually and then you should be able to extend it over the brick, back to the Siding wall above.

Mick.

All of my settings match yours, and the siding gable seems pulled to left.  But It seems you have to have the brick frieze in both gables or none.  

Thank you for your response.

Brian.

I didn't have the Brick gable wall issue in your plan,  but try this.....

In Plan goto the Attic level , making sure you can see ( display) attic walls , Hit Alt-Q for general wall defaults and UN-check Auto attic Walls ....

Now delete all attic walls > group select >delete 

Alt-Q again and turn Autobuild attic walls back on and see if that cleans it up....

( Chief sometime leaves behind walls in the attic it no longer needs , this will rebuild only those it really needs )

Mick.

Mick,

The auto rebuild attic walls didn't seem to do anything, but I think I  have stumbled into an elevation I'm willing to accept.  Thanks so much for your help.

Eric, thanks for your reply.  Delete floor is a great idea to clean up a messy attic.  Thanks for that.!!