Unable to create holes in material regions and backsplashes

LCDesign

Hey, is anyone having problems in X13 and X14 with not being able to create a hole in a backsplash or in a material region?  I’ve tried making sure I create the hole in the same view that I create the region but that isn’t helping.  Then I tested creating a hole in various 3D views, sections, and elevations.  Deleted and recreated backsplashes and material regions.  None will let me create a hole anymore.  What is up?  This is how I created tile borders, decorative tile inserts, etc in the past.  By creating holes and insetting poly line solids or other regions, I was able to adjust alignment, create patterns, and still have everything in he same plane without one material showing through the other in 3D views.

Won’t work on either of my computers in X13 or X14.  My computers exceed what is needed by X14.  My software is up to date.  I am still on Windows 10.  The Create Hole feature worked in X12.  I guess I need to send my plan into Tech Support.

Eric, thank you for the video.  The way I had previously made holes was to grab a square and convert it to a polyline solid hole.  I see that all of this has changed.  Your way works!